In order to meet the needs of EDFA (Erbium-Doped Fiber Amplifier) applications, HYC has recently launched hybrid series product for the miniaturized EDFA. The product line includes 980/1550nm IWDM Hybrid (Isolator+WDM), GFF (Gain Flattening Filter), IGFF (Isolator + GFF), etc..
Based on the optical simulation design technology and fiber mode field beam expansion technology, the IL of hybrid device can be greatly reduced and its performance stability can be improved. The typical value of reflection IL can be controlled below 0.15dB (-5~+75℃), and the typical value of transmission IL can be controlled at 0.30dB (-5~+75℃). HYC has extensive experience in basic packaging processes and stress models for glue & materials, which greatly contribute to the reliability and robustness of products. All hybrid devices fully meet the reliability requirements of Telcordia GR-1221-CORE, and meet the 168-hour PCT experiment (tested at 120 ° C, 2 atmospheres, 100% humidity).
Now we have two versions, one is miniaturized + ultra-high reliability version( fully meets PCT test), another is ultra-miniature (φ2.5xL19mm) version, which can also meet the requirements of GR-1221-CORE.
The EDFA components provided by HYC not only ensure low loss, ultra-high reliability, and ultra-miniaturization, but also adopt a low-cost strategy to reduce costs by 30% through functional integration, and truly providing customers with competitive product solutions.
HYC has always pay high attention to R&D investment and has a professional R&D team, owns a number of domestic and foreign patents and has a comprehensive six core technology platforms.
- Optical design, simulation and ray tracing capability based on Zemax, Matlab and Mathcad;
- Free space optics design, submicron alignment / coupling/assembly capabilities;
- High precision mechanical design, mold and injection design & precision manufacturing capabilities;
- High density parallel optics Design and manufacturing capabilities (such as FA fiber array &MPO and integration with isolators, etc.);
- Optical substrate and wafer post-processing capabilities, and the corresponding capabilities for analyzing optical glass geometry and stress;
- Automatic precision assembly and testing ability, software programming ability.